The Epson DX4 water-based printhead is suitable for Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki water-based printers. The Epson DX4 printhead has a native resolution of 360 dpi, 2 nozzle lines (corresponding with 2 independent ink channels) and 180 nozzles per line.
The Epson DX4 (fourth generation micro-piezo printhead) has a typical firing frequency of 8 kHz, a minimum droplet size of 3.5 pico litre and is used for either 1 colour through both channels or 2 colours through the independent channels.
The Epson DX4 water-based printhead is the most popular head used for water-based wide format printing applications. This is the original Epson DX4 water-based printhead, delivered in a sealed Epson original package (Roland part number 6811909060, Mimaki part number M004372, Mutoh part number DF-49029). This print head is compatible with a wide range of printers as specified in the printer compatibility.
The following items are expressly excluded from warranty coverage:
- defects related, in any way, to the use of non-original inks
- clogged, missing or deviated nozzles
- defects related to misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, lack of use, or improper storage when not in use for extended periods
- defects related to failure to perform periodic maintenance as specified in the user documentation; operation for unintended purposes
- defects related to improper loading of media
- all other defects, failures or damage not considered manufacturing defects
- defects related to third-party applications, software, parts, components, or peripheral devices, including any bulk ink system.
- defects that are merely cosmetic in nature.
- Technology: Micro-Piezo
- Native resolution: 360 dpi
- Min. droplet size: 3.5 pico litre
- Tot. amount of nozzles: 360 (2 lines x 180 nozzles)
- Firing frequency: 8 kHz
- Ink compatibility: water-based dye and pigment inks
It is highly recommended to replace the head cables together with a new printhead.